Sapphire Solutions, the consulting and project services division of Randstad Technologies, LP, is seeking highly motivated, results oriented Business Development Managers in Northeast, Mid-West, Southwest and West Coast to close new Solution (SOW-based) business in targeted business territories.
As a Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for delivering new sales revenue through SOW-based solutions offered to prospects and clients in the US. To accomplish this BDM will utilize both direct prospecting and the development of opportunities through the existing branch network. You will be closely aligned with Sapphire’s field management and Account Executives in your territories to help you achieve the objectives. Working in partnership with the Director of Business Development for Sapphire Solutions and the regional VP’s, you will determine and drive the overall sales and delivery strategy within your territories.
Type of Position:
Full time salaried; will report to the Director of Business Development, Sapphire Solutions.
Possible Work Location:
(primary office): Boston, NY, DC, Chicago, Minneapolis, Houston, LA.
- Develops and executes sales strategy.
- Meets or exceeds activity and results-based goals and metrics.
- Develops key relationships with consulting population
- Understands Sapphire Solutions capabilities, industry trends and performance of competitors.
- Drive new business through direct prospecting including
- Lead generation through participation in business networking, business forums, and/or other business or social gatherings.
- Identifying, researching, and prioritizing target accounts in assigned business territories
- Developing account plans and needs assessments for target accounts.
- Direct Prospecting target accounts through sales calls, written communication, and attending industry conferences, seminars, and tradeshows
- Develops client relationships with key decision makers.
- Drive new business through training, coaching and working with field management and sales staff, assuming consulting leadership role in pursuit of sales
- Lead the opportunity development process including client relationship development, opportunity qualification, and competitive landscape analysis.
- Drive, support and participate with field, consulting and proposal staff all relevant proposal activities including
- Creation of value propositions, deal structure, the pricing, and proposal.
- Proposal Presentations and appropriate follow up
- Negotiations & contracting negotiations
- Achieve annual revenue targets
- Maintain long term relationships with prospects and clients to propel future business
- Bachelor's degree and relevant hands-on experience
- 7+ years of direct sales experience including a minimum of 4 years developing and selling IT service-based consulting solutions
- Ideally at least 2 years selling IT Staffing services
- Significant client and consultant network
- Significant experience interacting and developing with VP and C-level executives
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organization skills.
- Must be very comfortable in front of clients in a consultative manner and closing key opportunities
- Strategic account planning: methods, change management, opportunity development
- Ability to coach and train sales staff to engage with customers in a way that builds credibility and increases services opportunity on current or future engagements
- Ability to travel at least 40-50% of the time
Randstad Technologies offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience. Benefits include Health, Dental and Vision insurance, Life and AD&D coverage, Flexible Spending Account option for health & dependent care expenses and a company matching 401k plan.
At Randstad Technologies, we recognize the need for individual and corporate responsibility. We are committed to improving the quality of life and enhancing the vitality of the communities in which we operate. Sapphire provides support through various Community Outreach Programs, including a Corporate Giving Program and an employee Volunteer Day, where employees are encouraged to volunteer at a non-profit organization of their choice.
** If you feel that you are a good fit for this position please send your resume and desired office location to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference "Business Development Manager" in your subject line.
Randstad Technologies is an EOE-M/F/V/D and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Randstad Holding nv, a $18.8 billion global provider of professional employment services and the second largest staffing organization in the world.
Back to Internal Opportunities