job summary: As the world's largest staffing and recruitment agency in the world, we can commit to find you the perfect role that gives you the opportunity to learn and grow in the life sciences arena. Utilizing a recruiter for your job search gives you access to a large network of top employers as well as detailed information about hundreds of positions. A current top partnership with a research-driven biopharmaceutical company is known as a powerhouse that aims to develop treatments for difficult-to-cure diseases. This renowned employer has created 32 products, including Humira and Lupron, that have highly impacted lives across the globe. If you're looking to stand out in your field and lead the way to innovative therapies, this position is for you!
location: North Chicago, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $25.00 - 30.85 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
- Company is seeking a highly motivated scientist to join the protein biochemistry group.
- This growing team's core responsibility is to expression, purify and characterize challenging proteins in support of crystallography, fragment discovery and high throughput biochemical screening.
- The applicant must have strong hands on laboratory skills in protein purification and characterization for a diverse set of protein classes.
- Experience with protein characterization techniques such as thermal stability, SDS-PAGE analysis, Western blotting, chromatography and ITC is preferred.
- Strong experimental design and troubleshooting skills are also required.
- Additional experience in molecular biology and/or cell culture would be considered beneficial. The applicant must have strong verbal and written communication skills as well as be able to effectively work as part of a dynamic and diverse team.
- Careful documentation of experimental practices and results will be required.
- This position will support small molecule drug development within Company's discovery organization.
- BS or MS in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Biology or related field
- Excellent protein purification and characterization skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and work independently
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good understanding of biophysical protein methods
- Molecular biology or cell culture experience
- Key Leadership Competencies:
- Build strong relationships with peers and across groups to enable higher performance
- Agilely adapt to new targets and methods
- Be a strong team member and better the group as a whole
skills: Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Protein Purification, Cell Cultures
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.